Over a span of five days, we took in two great Chicago-area basketball games. Last Friday Jason was gifted a couple of great tickets to the Bulls/Nuggets matchup at the United Center. We were only around 20 rows back, and it happened to be an exciting game. It was the first game since Ben Wallace was traded, so we didn't have the opportunity to see him. However; the Nuggets have the likes of Carmello Anthony and Allen Iverson, so we got to see both of them up close. It was a high-scoring game, and the Bulls pulled it out in the end.
The best matchup came a few days later on Wednesday at the Allstate Arena, where we got front-row seats to see the Mountaineers play DePaul. Jason got the tickets from stubhub.com for a mere twenty bucks each - probably priced to move because DePaul isn't that good. The following information was duly logged at the game:
1. Jessica (now a complete WVU fanatic) nearly lost it on a couple of fans behind us that believed the referees were in on a massive conspiracy theory against DePaul. Foul. Foul. Foul. Foul. Foul. Foul.
2. Jason was asked by the guy to his left to sit back in his seat after he leaned over the wall to the court too many times. He was just jealous because DePaul stinks.
3. Bob Huggins looks even more incredulous in person.
4. Jamie Smalligan looks even whiter in person, if that is possible.
5. Jason is convinced Joe Mazzulla is definitely a scary thug dude.
All in all, some great basketball.